This individual was found growing as an epiphyte, but that is aberrant for the species. Other individuals were found terrestrial in the same area.
Collection Data (M. Sundue 5141)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Dryopteridaceae
- Genus: Megalastrum Holttum
- Species: Megalastrum insigne R.C.Moran J.Prado & Sundue
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 2-II-2022
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue 5141
- Collection Party: Alejandra Vasco, Weston Testo, Sarah Morris, Susana Vega, Jonatan Castro, Verónica Bedoya, Alejandro Marín, Arcangel Gómez
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habitat: Montane forest
- Habit: Epiphyte, Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: BRIT, F, HUA, VT
Leaves 3-pinnate, viscid-glandular. The epiphytic habit perhaps aberrant for this species. Other plants seen growing terrestrial.
- Location: Parque Nacional Natural Tatamá – – Santuario – Risaralda – Colombia.
- Coordinates: 5.126345, -76.035816
- Elevation: 2581 m