This species has only been collected a handful of times and is of uncertain affinity in the genus. It was described and discussed by Alan Smith in 1980.
Collection Data (W. Testo 1074)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Aspleniaceae
- Genus: Asplenium L.
- Species: Asplenium insolitum A. R. Smith
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 21-03-2016
- Primary Collector & #: W. Testo 1074
- Collection Party: W. L. Testo, M. A. Sundue, A. Vasco, R. Torres
- Det. History: W. L. Testo, March 2016
- Habitat: Pine - Oak Forest
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: MEXU, NY, VT
A single plant found in a stream bed.
- Location: – Capulalpam de Méndez – Capulalpam de Méndez – Oaxaca – Mexico.
- Coordinates: 17.3192 N, 96.4323 W
- Elevation: 2350m