Reddish young leaves and elongate sori positioned along a commissural vein are diagnostic for Blechnum. Blechnum gracile is a member of a clade sometimes referred to as eublechnum, characterized by the presence monomorphic leaves and stolons.
Collection Data (M. Sundue 3144)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Blechnaceae
- Genus: Blechnum L.
- Species: Blechnum gracile Kaulf.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 03-IX-2012
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue 3144
- Collection Party: M. Sundue, J. Betancur, P. Pedraza, G. Giraldo, M. Jaimes, E. Tineo, M. Londono, A. Duque, L. Arias
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habitat: Primary Forest
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: COL, NY, VT
- Location: Parque Nacional Natural Las Orquideas – – Frontino – – Colombia.
- Coordinates: 6°38'20.7"N, 76°12'30.1"W