Collection Data (N. P. Smith 406)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Anemiaceae
- Genus: Anemia Sw.
- Species: Anemia raddiana Link
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 29-III-2013
- Primary Collector & #: N. P. Smith 406
- Collection Party: M. A. Neves
- Det. History: J. Mickel (from photo), 2014.
- Habitat: Secondary Forest
- Habit: Lithophyte
- Specimen Locations: FLOR
Ca. 20 cm tall.
- Location: Costa da Lagoa (Florianópolis) – Florianópolis – – Santa Catarina – Brazil.
- Coordinates: -27.573086, -48.459819
- Elevation: ca. 10 m
John Mickel has identified this plant (from photo) as Anemia raddiana Link
Thanks to you and John for the det. It is another new fern for the florula of the island.
This could not be Anemia tomentosa?
Maybe. However, the individuals of A. tomentosa I have seen on the island are much larger with slightly different pinnae. See http://www.fernsoftheworld.com/2011/10/19/anemia-tomentosa/